Sunday, September 1, 2013

The Big Move

This year I decided to transfer schools to try to get closer to my son so I made the tough decision to leave my school after ten years of teaching 2nd and 3rd grade stuents. Yep! Ten wonderful years. During the ten years at my school I collected a lot of "stuff" and was blessed with a large room. In my new school, my room is much smaller, but I have the same amount of stuff.

One thing is for sure, after eight years of teaching a class called "Classroom Organization", I had to pull from every trick and tip I could remember to get it all to fit into my new room.

The journey began with moving day on June 25. We rented a UHaul and after a week of packing up my things this is what my once beautiful classroom resembled.


Although I left my old school with a HUGE lump in my throat,
I was thrilled with the possibilities of a fresh start, a clean slate if you will.

I thank my wonderful husband for helping me to untake the biggest move of my teaching career.



My upcoming posts will chronicle the steps I took in setting up my new room.
Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment